How I Completed the 5th Day of the 5 Day RESET in USANA

The Finale' - Day 5 of USANA RESET 5 Day Jump Start

Written May 26, 2014 at 3:01pm
Completed Friday 23 May 2014 - The 5th Day of Usana RESET!

Click here to follow the previous notes...
Day-1 | Day-2 | Day-3 | Day-4

Woke up feeling very energized and slim around the tummy.

My Activities for today
 I walked for an hour in the afternoon but unfortunately I had accidentally paused the MapMyWalk app and it did not record the entire distance and calories burned (blast!). The app said I had burned 266 calories but from previous walks I estimate that I burned around 300 calories, so I went with that :)

Food that I took...
I stuck to my normal eating routine of: 
  • Dutch Chocolate Nutrimeal sachet with banana, Fibergy and coconut oil (no endive or rocket today) for breakfast;
  • Dutch Chocolate Nutrimeal shake for lunch with a tablespoon of Fibergy;
  • same again for dinner.
  • For snacks I had two Rev3 surge sachet drinks, an apple and three Usana bars.
Total calories consumed was 1,635.  Subtracting my 300 calories burned off in the 60 minute walk around the neighborhood, that meant I had consumed 135 over my daily target.I did not feel at all hungry today, and I handled some social challenges. 

Socializing What that can mean to a diet plan?As it was the 11th birthday of my twin nephew and niece Claude and I called in to wish them happy birthday. My sister-in-law offered me a champagne.I do love champagne but saying no thanks, I am on the last day of my 5 Day Jump Start, was easier than I thought! I had a delicious cup of nettle tea instead.

After that we went off to do some training with our business partners. They always offer my favourite Indian snacks - those salty peanuts and dried peas mix. Don't know the name but they are delicious and very moorish and before I know it I have usually polished off the whole dish.  The problem is they are deep fried and full of the wrong type of salt. So I said, "Please put those to the other side of the table" and I sat as far away from them as possible. 

That tactic was very effective!

Proud I am of myself!
I am very proud to say that I did not touch a pea or a nut!  I did nibble on my third protein bar. Not really because I was hungry, but mainly because everyone else was nibbling and I felt left out!  I happened to have a spare one in my bag so that was fortunate.  Good idea to be prepared by having one of these on hand in case I get stuck in a similar pickle again.

Finally the good news!
The good news is, when I woke up on Saturday morning and weighed myself I was 59kg.  I lost 2 kilos in the last week and I am under the magic figure of 60kg!!

It may not sound like much but as you get closer to your goal weight, it is harder to lose the fat.  So any loss is good.  But my main goal of doing the 5 Day Jump Start was to kick start my motivation to exercise and also to stop slipping back into over eating.

So I have achieved that and more this week.Getting closer to my "flat belly - look great in jeans" look and feel that I am after. Here is a photo of me on Saturday morning at 59 kgs.

Vicki Parker
Brisbane
Email me for advice!

USANA Gold Director

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrepreneur Carmen Marshall: Keys to Choosing the Right Company | USANA...

Day 4: The Rat Race Explained - Why its important to read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad